Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Margaret 001


This is Margaret.

She was sitting on the side of H Street (Washington, DC) waiting for the Chinese New Year day parade when I happend to pass. I came back and for the entire parade I sat in front of her as the dragons danced down the streets and children played and bands of exotic instrments marched. It was a wonderful parade.

When it was over I asked her name and if it was OK for me to take her picture. I was thinking of the 100 strangers project and how perfecte she would be. She agreed to the photo and we enjoyed a few minutes of conversation - actually she was so happy that I had taken time to talk to her and I was so warmed and delighted with getting to know her if only for a few minutes on a busy street corner. So Margaret was posted as the first of my 100 strangers. She's not the first person I have photographed for this assignement, but the first I have posted. Others, for various reasons, I have chosen to keep as my own.

Margaret is a special lady.

1 comment:

Steve Rosenbach said...

Great photo! Now I wish I would have talked with her a bit. I was too caught up in taking photos.